Clock DVA Samples
Cycom; Digital Soundtracks
- "I can't touch, but I can see."
- "I am constructing eyes for me to watch the show."
- "I investigated it. It exists."
- "...fascination...death...my needs do not <???>"
- "Everything is reason. I am reason. You do not know me."
- "My mind is not designed for mindless labor."
- "I want to stand a man, his isometric body and glass jaw mind."
- "In a moment, I will simpy stop."
Final Program (mk. II); Final Program CD5
- "When are you going to let me out of this box?"
Final Program (mk.III); Final Program CD5
- "Clio Control to Keepsake 5, the pressure integrity check runs 2.54
G-ZN to second, please confirm."
- "It is after all, only eight years since we began. The secrecy, the shroud of
paranoid security to which we've had to adjust,have made it seem longer.
This morning, at exactly 5:18 AM , here at Ikon's Institute for Data
Analysis, we installed the final module of the artificial intelligence
system, which we call Proteus 4. Today, a new dimension has been added to
the concept of the computer. Today, Proteus 4 will begin to think.And it
will think with a power and precision that will make obsolete many of the
functions of the human brain."
Hide; Buried Dreams
- "...combining with economic advantages of the linking structure far surpasses
any disadvantages in increased perversions, a final note, an infinite
translated mathematics, tolerance and charity among artificial memory
devices is ultimately binary. Stimulating rhetoric, absolute. The theatre of
noise is proof of our potential..."
Memories of Sound; Man-Amplified
- "Performance perfect is perfect performance""
- "I was so afraid""
- "I wanted to touch you..."
- "...so many times"
Sound Mirror; Buried Dreams
- "Here the mirror of dreams of beauty."
- "Here the looking glass of pride and ruined vanity."
- "This is your class of darkness!"
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Act; Buried Dreams
- [The sound of ED 209 coming to rest after "going off" on his demo run]
- "[screams] Aged 5... [screams] Aged 7... All the rooms... were wired for
The Connection Machine; Buried Dreams
- "Listen, listen, my name is Harry Call. Can you hear me? Don't be afraid. I
know you don't know who I am, but I know you. There isn't much to say about
myself. I...I was very sick when I was a boy, I was paralyzed in my left arm
and my left leg. I couldn't walk for six months. One doctor said that I
would probably never walk again. My mother...my mother used to lower me into
a hot bath. It was therapy. One time the door bell rang, and she went down
to answer. I started sliding down. I could feel the water. It started to
come into my chin and into my nose. And when I woke up, my body was all
greasy from the holy oil she used to put on my body. I remember being
disappointed I survived. When I was five, my father took me to a friend of
his, and for no reason at all I hit him right in the stomach. with all my
strength. He died a year later. He'll kill you if he gets a chance. I'm not
afraid of death. I am afraid of murder."
The Sonology of Sex; Buried Dreams
- * "I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm so deeply puzzled. I've done
terrible things, I've killed three people. I don't consider myself a
terrible man... no more than others. She had become ... hysterical, and she
started screaming. I guess I hit her. I don't actually recall, it all
happened so quickly. I heard her screaming. But I never understood really
why she did that, she had never screamed before. Just want me to keep on
talking, don't you? Make a man think he's accepted, it's all a great big
game to you. You're all obviously too lazy, too warped to do anything
meaningful with your life, than prey upon the sexual fantasies of others.
Should come to no great suprise to you, when I say that there are little
corners in everyone, which were better off left alone, sicknesses,
weaknesses, which should never be exposed. Both, that's your stock and
trade, isn't it... a man's weakness. I was never really fully aware of mine,
until you brought them out."
The Unseen; Buried Dreams
- "Wait a minute, hello Airforce 191, 191, from Polar Expedition 6, can you
read me, Airforce 191? - Here, go ahead - What's your position? - Radar is
out, Captain - Switch over to your radio compass and check it against your
magnetic heading. - What's on your mind,Dex? - We got some kind of
disturbance up here, it's whacking away at everything. - Where do you
figure it's from? - Don't know, we noticed it last night. - 68 degree
difference, Pat. - Quite a bit off here, Dex. - You beter home in on me,
I'll leave the key open."
- [blizzard SFX]
- "A blast of cold air and I heard Olson scream. No time to think, I couldn't
see, struck at me. Afterwords, I remember my head, I must have fallen. We
were both hanging from the beam, upside down. His suit was cut."
Voice Recognition Test; Sign
- "This is initial voice logic reconstruction test number one."
- "Diagnostics of recognition and speech synthesis centers have been
completed. At this level all functions appear normal"
- "Hello, Doctor, Yesterday, Tomorrow"
Visitors Since 9/1/98