How to write Industrial Music
This is a guide for a of rivethead on how to make industrial music using the
least resources possible. You dont need to buy those expensive synths,
samplers, and keyboards to make good quality industrial music. Keep the
stolen cash in your wallet. You will only need a computer. The following
will guide you through the process step-by-step.
Converted? Youre done! Now you can share you music over napster or go to
artist signup at mp3.com, sign up and share your mp3s there. Remember to
choose and industrial band name though! Good luck, fellow rivethead.
- Download this:
(and also other stuff from the software section of thrax.box.sk will come
in handy in the future years of you industrial career ).
- Install what you have just downloaded.
- From this step on you wouldnt know what the fuck im talking about unless
you have done the previous steps* go to the songs folder in the folder where
you installed the program. Open tutorial.bmx. It should guide you through
the basic steps of using program.
- Download a bunch of machines from www.buzzmachines.com and install them
in the gear/generators folder inside the folder where you installed the
program. The following machines are essenchial in making industrial : PSI
corps Drum n Ass ; Argulles kSynth
- Now attach the psi drum to the master and create a beat for it like this
(the letters correspond to the sample numbers of the drum)
184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11. (this just gives you the basic idea, you can fool around
with it once you get the hang of things) Put the loop on the tracker matrix.
Distort it using Jeskola Distortion from the effects list. Remember,
distortion is what gets you fame.
- Attach a bunch of other machines like kSynth and Jeskola Bass. Make loops
for those and put them on the traker matrix. DISTORT!
- Download some samples and load them onto the wavetable. Attach the Jeskola
Tracker machine and make loops with samples. The more evil the samples
sound, the better. Anything involving meaningless violence will do. Put the
samples on the tracker matrix. DISTORT THE SAMPLES TOO! it will make them
sound more eeeEEvil.
- Fool around with the tracker matrix, put the loops in different order,
create as much loops with the machines as you need to make the music not
sound the same throughout the whole song.
- Listen to your creation. Like it? TIME TO RECORD! go to file - capture.
choose a filename for your creation and press record. make sure to press the
stop button when it finishes. Now you have it in wav format.
- As you may have noticed, the wav file takes up too much fuckin space on
your harddrive. Thats why youre gona have to convert it to mp3 format. Once
again, you can find mp3 encoders at thrax.box.sk.
Written by: Rest on Anarchy
[an error occurred while processing this directive]Visitors Since 01/27/01
Last Modified: Monday, 24-Sep-2012 16:42:53 MST